Columbia County Business Continuity Grant
Summary of Fund
In an effort to help support small businesses in our city and town centers, Columbia Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) and Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation (BTCF), in partnership with Berkshire Taconic’s Fund for Columbia County, the Columbia Chamber of Commerce and the Hudson Business Coalition, have created the Columbia County Business Continuity Fund to provide cash grants to small businesses in our communities most affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
This Fund will award grants from $1,000 to $5,000 on a competitive basis to applicants that meet the core criteria and are seeking immediate assistance to retain and pay their employees, stay current on rent, and cover other fixed costs related to their operations.
Grants will be reviewed by an independent committee and awarded based on the availability of funds. For those small businesses awarded a grant, funds will be disbursed as quickly as possible. Additional funding rounds will be dependent on receipt of donations from businesses, individuals, area foundations, and other generous contributors.
For Donors: Donate Online
- Independently owned Columbia County-based small business
- 10 or fewer full-time employees
- Makes less than $1,000,000 in annual sales
- Adversely impacted by COVID-19
- Not a nonprofit organization
- Open to the general public and reliant on foot traffice for customers
- Needs funds to continue to retain and pay their employees, stay current on rent, and cover other fixed costs related to their operations
We estimate the application to take 30 minutes to complete. Gathering the following information in advance will streamline the process
- Your Business information
- Your two most recent ST-100 New York State and Local Quarterly Sales and Use Tax Returns and/or Your NYS-45 Quarterly Combined Withholding, Wage Reporting, and Unemployment Insurance Returns for the Business
- An estimate of % Revenue decline due to COVID-19
- Description of Economic Hard due to COVID-19
- Description of the intended use of funds with relevant supporting numbers as possible
Click here for a printable version of the Application. Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online form. Incomplete applications are ineligible for funding.
Application Opens April 1, 2020 – All Applications Must be Submitted by 4pm on Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
All applicants must submit their applications using the online form.
We recommend working on questions in a separate document and copying/pasting your responses in the online form when ready to submit the form. The application does not enable applicants to “Save” or Preview” before submission, and will not send you a copy of your submitted application by email.
Questions or Need Assistance?
Thank you for submitting your Application to the Columbia County Business Continuity Fund.
Applications will be reviewed by an independent committee and grants will be awarded based on the availability of funds. Additional funding rounds will be dependent on receipt of donations from businesses, individuals, area foundations, and other generous contributors.
CEDC will notify directly if additional information on your application is required, and aims to inform applicants of awards the week of April 27, 2020. Due to the volume of responses, please not that we will be unable to respond to and award each application.
Donate Online at the Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation:
Columbia County Business Continuity Fund Press Release
For questions about the application or required documentation, contact the CEDC at firstname.lastname@example.org.